I am not sure if this is quite the right place to ask this question as I
don't know if the problem is in my application, the Java Plugin Framework
(JPF) or Tomcat.

My web app has a plugin (managed by the JPF), that plugin is in the form of
a .jar file and it unpacks and runs from $TOMCAT_HOME/temp directory. When I
make a change to the plugin and re-load the context I can see the change
appear in the JSP file in the temp directory but a refresh of the web
browser does not pick up that change. The only way to get the change to
display in a web browser is to do a full re-boot of Tomcat.

Can anyone suggest a possible reason for this or even better, a possible
solution?