OK, thats what I thought.  The problem that I'm worried about is how a
certain class in my webapp is going to behave when 2 instances are of it are
running.

I have a class called MultiLogger I use like this:
MultiLogger logger = MultiLogger.getInstance("com.mysite.stuff.foo.log");

getInstance(path) checks a static hashmap for path, if it exists then that
instance of MultiLogger is returned, if path is not in the hashmap, then a
new instance of MultiLogger is spawned, added to the map, and returned.

How will 2 copies of MultiLogger handle 2 requests for
"com.mysite.stuff.foo.log" ?

thanks