Thanks for the responses on this matter to Mark Thomas and Andre' Warnier.
However I found a simpler solution to this, and just in case of anybody
encounters
with this I'll provide it below.

Put the following just before starting to write into the output stream:

response.setHeader("Pragma", "");
response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-store,max-age=0,must-revalidate");

Note the first command - it's compulsory. Though the second line is the HTTP1.1
replacement
of the first used in HTTP1.0 version, IE expects the first line.
As always Microsoft clings to the idea to solve things in its own ways.

...And, just for fun, look at the help & support message on this matter at
microsoft's site
(I don't even want to capitalise that brand, though it is a name)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323308
It basically says "You may download, but you have to give up the security
concerns on the loose".
Or even worse - how am I supposed to change clients registry settings from
within my web page? Jeez!!!
Whatever.........

Thanks,
Kind Regards,