btw, how does lambdaprobe does it?

I mean the size?

Chuck will surely correct me on that, but the actual size of an object
is extremely dependent on the VM implementation (boolean stored in
integer, object header overhead, and so on...)

I once tried to create a sizeof util, and it works within an error of
100 bytes per object (which is not very accurate) and based on
approximation.

IIRC, Lambdaprobe gives you an estimate of size. It's not guaranteed to be correct. And I've seen it be off so wildly that I don't know if I'd ever trust it. I've seen it report session objects with sizes of 3.5TB(!).

B.