You say the page not found errors are good...
*IT IS GOOD BECAUSE IT TELLS ME THE SERVER IS BEING HIT.  PRIOR TO YOUR HELP
THE WRONG SERVER WAS OPENING ON ALL PORTS AND IP's NO LONGER THE CASE.
*
The configuration of the connectors looks ok

Are there any errors in the logs and have you configured an identifiable
error page for both instances? (<error-page> inside web.xml)

*THE ERROR LOG IS "BARK" ABOUT: *StandardContext[/balancer]Exception
starting filter BalancerFilter  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/digester/Digester* (UNRELATED).   THE SERVER (server 2)
IS NOT SERVING ANY PAGES, TRIED TO VIEW A GIF THROUGH URL AND IT WOULD NOT
LOAD.  HONESTLY DO NOT HAVE THE SKILLS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET <ERROR-PAGE>
TO WORK RIGHT.*

That way you can determine which tomcat is serving the error.

Do the other connectors have an address defined
*CONNECTORS I ASSUME YOU ARE REFERRING TO ARE PORTS 8009, AND 8109, BOTH
HAVE ADDRESSES HARD CODED IN SERVER.XML*.

The fact you get a 400 indicates that a tomcat is responding, you now only
have to determine if it is the right one and what causes the error (what
type of content are you serving, static dynamic)

*I AM SITES ARE ALL JSP PAGES (I BELIEVE THAT TEY ARE ALL DYNAMIC) <not a
web dev>*