> From: Stefano Nichele [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Threads and blocked count value
>
> I'm running tomcat 6.0.13 + jdk 1.5 in my production system and I'm a
> bit wondering about the number of times the "Reference Handler" thread
> has been blocked in just 3 days: 9500835 (checked using jmx)

The Reference Handler thread is internal to the JVM; it doesn't belong to
Tomcat.  It's responsibility is to take care of objects that garbage collection
has found to be unreachable other than via some form of Reference object (e.g.,
SoftReference, WeakReference).  Completely ignorable.

> What do you think about these numbers ?

Pretty much meaningless when taken out of context like this.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.