Hi ALL,
I'm very afraid posting this question since I think it's very common, but I was not able to find any useful answer.

I have Tomcat running with just my application. Under <tomcat>/webapps there is just my web application (let's say 'myapp').

Now I would like that http://localhost:8080/ will be served by my application, so I would like that my application runs as default web application.

I don't have any restriction so I can deploy it as directory or as war; the only restriction is that I can't rename it in ROOT.

I tried a lot of combinations in the context.xml file or creaing a new context file under <tomcat>/catalina/localhost (also with ROOT.xml) without success.

Anyone could help me ?

Thanks a lot
ste