On 14 Nov 2008 at 13:30, Hardegree, Scott (IT) wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just got put into the fire without hardly any documentation.
> I´ve got to do a TOMCAT 6.0.14
> (which is the enterprise standard)

According to whom?

> install on a sun solaris 9 server
> that is running apache2.2.6 and
> I need to know what version of the Java SDK to install and also what

The latest.

> version of the JK_connector

The latest.

> I need to install as well. (Did I mention that I´m a noob to the
> apache server environment and the
> apache tomcat web server environment as well?)

Read the running.txt file included with the tomcat distro download to learn how
to run/start
tomcat.

For mod_jk there is a quick start guide at:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/quick.html

The connector doc. main page is at:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/

-Steve O.