Hi,
Sorry the content of the mail was bit messed up ,i have corrected the
settings wordings please read the below text

To make our tomcat  heap size memory  to 8 GB we have set the below
settings
-Xms8192M -Xmx8192M -Xss1024K -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-Dfile.encoding=Cp1252

Please suggest is this ok ? as we are observing the maximum heap size memory
for
tomcat gets a reduced bit to  around 7756736K and it keeps flucatating.Is
this normal behaviour
The OS we are using is Linux 8.
- Well we are using 64 bit JDK
- We are prinitng the heap mem using Log 4J utitiy in the apllication logs.