It is highly advisable to use the native OCI drivers .. that simply provide
a native connection pooling ... and can work perfectly with RAC setting ..
and because it native, you have superior performance.

http://www.rakeshv.org/docs/oracle/jdbc3.0/oracle/jdbc/pool/OracleOCIConnectionPool.html

Regards, Youssef