Hi - I am noticing a weird issue with our Tomcat installation. Here is my
production environment
Tomcat version - 5.5
JDK run time - 1.6
OS : Redhat Enterprise 3.0

Everyday we are noticing the tomcat not responding on a port. On further
inspection we noticed that the thread pool that is serving this port has no
threads. Right around the time tomcat goes into this state, we noticed that
there is a thread death, and get the following stack trace

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool: Caught exception
(java.lang.ThreadDeath) executing
org.apache.tomcat.util.net<http://org.apache.tomcat.util.net>[EMAIL PROTECTED],
terminating thread { java.lang.ThreadDeath | at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:488)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net<http://org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.ru>.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:73)
 | at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:746)
 | at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) }

After this the thread pool never gets started again. I see that this exception
is essentially thrown in PoolTcpEndpoint's acceptSocket function, when the
function encounters IOException accepting connections on the socket.

Did anyone else notice this issue. Another minor caveat is, we built Tomcat
using JDK 1.5 but are running it on JDK 1.6. Could this be causing any issue?

Also I used Jconsole and noticed that currentThreadBusy and currentThreadCount
are both -1.

If anyone can think of any pointers please let me know.

Thanks for any help,
Praveen