In looking through the documentation, it looks like the default encoding for
the compiler is ISO-8859-1.  I need to use Windows-1251 (Russian input). The
javac compiler takes an encoding option, but I have not figured out (maybe
it's just too late) how to make it use that encoding for all files (only one
application on the server, so no need to have multiple choices)...

The database (postgresql) is UTF8, and will auto convert from WIN1251, but
right now it's receiving the stuff as LATIN1 (8859-1)...

Any help is appreciated!

Ron