Hi all,

I have recently started using Apache web server with Tomcat. I need to have
something like this:

www.mydomain.com maps to something like www.mydomain.com:8080/mycontext

With the help of mod_jk i am now able to achieve www.mydomain.com/mycontext.
I want to be able to have www.mydomain.com i.e. user should not even specify
the context and the apache server should map to my context.

I searched the net and was told that mod_rewrite can be used with PL flag.
But since I am new to configuration, I could not figure out how to use that
for my purpose. Also, If I user mod_rewrite then /mycontext will be visible
in the address bar. I am more in the favor of a solution in which /mycontext
is not at all visible.

Any help will be much appreciated.

regards,
nitin