Stefan,

Schuster Stefan wrote:
> I have the following problem with tomcat 6.0.18:
> I wrote a servlet that reads the input stream with
> XML Beans. An application sends requests to the servlet, but only the first
> request succeedes.

That's odd.

> Every second call results in the following exception:
>
> java.io.IOException: Stream closed
>       at org.apache.catalina.connector.InputBuffer.read(InputBuffer.java:325)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream.read(CoyoteInputStream.java:193)
>       at
> org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.XMLStreamReader.fillByteBuffer(XMLStreamReader.java:209)
>       at
> org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.XMLStreamReader.reset(XMLStreamReader.java:97)
>       at
> org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.DocumentEntity.open(DocumentEntity.java:94)
>       at
> org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.PiccoloLexer.reset(PiccoloLexer.java:982)
>       at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.Piccolo.parse(Piccolo.java:709)
>       at
> org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$SaxLoader.load(Locale.java:3454)
>       at
> org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:1276)
>       at
> org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:1263)
>       at
> org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.parse(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:345)
>       at noNamespace.DataDocument$Factory.parse(Unknown Source)
>       at
> de.cirquent.nwfi.xcelsius.XMLServiceServlet.getDocument(XMLServiceServlet.java:71)02.12.2008
>  14:55:19 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
> SCHWERWIEGEND: Servlet.service() for servlet XMLServiceServlet threw exception

Could you post as much of de.cirquent.nwfi.xcelsius.XMLServiceServlet as
you feel comfortable posting? I wonder if you're trying to read the
input stream in an odd way.

> I do not cache the input stream in the servlet, so I do not understand how the
> subsequent transmissions are related? I am even sending a "connection close"
> with
> the response to make shure that there is no issue with a reused connection.

Tomcat won't re-use the connection, so you should focus your search on
the code in that servlet (or the XMLBeans parser).