> From: Albretch Mueller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Trying to run tc from a read-only partition . . .

> setting the [Engine > Realm > Host > Valve]:directory with
> the full path to where you want the logs to be sent

Insufficient, since you didn't change where the vast majority of the logs are
configured, which is in conf/logging.properties.

> But, even though tomcat seemed to run, I got stack traces of
> exceptions which looked all the same.

Not surprising, and there may be more encountered as Tomcat runs.  The
CATALINA_BASE variable was originally intended for this kind of thing, but too
much of Tomcat has migrated to that location to make it useful any more.

If you're using the conf/tomcat-users.xml file, that will normally also be
updated every time Tomcat starts.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.