> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Tomcat vs. Samba

> So basically, the credentials I input when mapping the
> network drive get picked up when invoking Ant by hand
> (scenario #2), but they don't get picked up when it is
> Hudson running on Tomcat that is invoking Ant (scenario #3).

Windows is notorious for caching SMB credentials and insisting on using those
rather than ones explicitly given on the APIs.  We've gone round and round with
this talking to the developers in Redmond, and they finally admitted they
didn't really understand fully how it works or even all the different places
credentials are hung on to.  No resolution has yet to be found.  (Perhaps
that's why Vista has a completely new version of SMB implemented - although
that's got its own set of problems.)

All that being said, if you're running Tomcat as a Windows service, it is
likely using the Local System Account, which may be getting sent on the SMB
connection request.  You can try configuring the account you want Tomcat to use
with the tomcat6w.exe program and see if that will connect with Samba on the
Linux system.

(Ignore Martin's response - he obviously didn't even figure out that you're
running Tomcat on Windows, since he recommended starting it with sudo.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.