Hello all,

I have Tomcat 5.5.27 running on ScientificLinux 5 (RHEL5 clone). I need a
production environment -specific Context Descriptor for my WAR, so I've
tried to use the manager/deploy with ant to deploy context descriptor file
with the war file. The WAR in this case does not have META-INF in it, and
so, I'm assuming its context should come from the context.xml that I
specify.

The context.xml file that I point to does not appear in
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/, as it does if I'd be deploying just
the WAR with META-INF/context.xml. OK, I read somewhere that the context
would be loaded just in memory in this case, and not copied as a file.
However, the Context specific database pool does not work either, which it
does when I just copy the war file with autoDeploy on. I read TC5.5
documents, and there is no mentioning about the actual fate of the
context.xml file specified in the manager/deploy task. What happens to it?

Is there a way to see, if my context.xml is actually loaded anywhere? I
cannot see anything in the logs or manager/deploy response.

How should I be doing this? I would not want to put anything about the
pooled database connection to server.xml. Also, if autoDeploy is off, what
is the 'safe' point to copy the context.xml to myapp/META-INF/, if I decided
to do it in the deployment script? If autoDeploy is on, will that screw
things up in this case?

My configurations:
Host:
<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
      unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false" deployXML="true"

Top of context.xml file
<Context path="/myapp" reloadable="true" docBase="myapp"
antiJARLocking="true" antiResourceLocking="false" crossContext="false">
   <Resource name="jdbc/myappDBpool" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource" ....

And the ant deploy task:
<target name="deploy" description="Install web application"
             depends="compile">
       <deploy url="${manager.url}" username="${manager.username}"
password="${manager.password}"
               path="${path}" war="file:${war.build}${path}.war" config=
"file:${war.basedir}${war.context.descriptor}"/>
   </target>

Thank you,

Anni