> From: Piller Sébastien [mailto:pi...@hmcrecord.ch]
> Subject: Re: problem on configure the java_option
>
> you should add spaces between
> -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxNewSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Definitely required.

> and the memory size must be, as far as i remember, a power
> of 2 (512M, 1024M, etc)

Not true, and never has been.  Don't spread rumors.

The main problem is a lack of quotes around the whole expression.  It should be:

export JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xms800m -Xmx800m -XX:PermSize=64M
-XX:MaxNewSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true"

I would strongly recommend NOT setting MaxNewSize, as that will likely force
garbage collections to occur more frequently than needed.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.