Hey guys,

I have a strange problem I need a bit of help solving. I have a legacy
application with a horrible codebase. All future modules/features I
would instead like to build on a new, clean codebase. The end result
is I would deploy two WARs: OldApp.war and NewAppStuff.war. I would
like the experience to be transparent to the user; it should appear
like one application.

This means that I need single sign-on/share session between the two
apps. Both WARs will be deployed on the same Tomcat 5.5 instance,
though we could upgrade to 6 if that would help.

Any ideas how to accomplish something like this? I've found tons of
documentation on session replication in a clustered environment, but
nothing about two webapps in one container...

Thanks!