> From: l...@informatik.uni-hamburg.de
> [mailto:l...@informatik.uni-hamburg.de]
> Subject: Tomcat ./shutdown
>
> I use apache-tomcat-5.5.17 and sometimes when I call ./shutdown.sh,
> the java process which runs Tomcat still alive.

The usual cause of this is non-daemon threads improperly managed by a webapp.
If such threads do exist, the JVM will not terminate until those threads do.
Try using JConsole or jstack to examine the JVM instance when the shutdown
fails to see what the remaining threads are doing.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.