Dear Mike,

Since I have not found a documented way of refreshing the
ServerSocketFactory (in order to reload the ssl trust store)
I would like to be able to perform a Tomcat Restart "from within" i.e.
restart Tomcat using java code inside the servlet.
Restarting the connector would also do the job for me.

There was some discussion about this subject on Java-monitor:
http://java-monitor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152

You can use JMX to find the connector mbeans to restart them.

I'm curious why you would want to do that, though?
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkos...@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

The secret of success lies in the stability of the goal. -- Benjamin Disraeli