> From: Mohsen Saboorian [mailto:mohs...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat Reload Problem with .zul file
>
> I'm on Tomcat 6.0.13 + JDK 1.6.0 + WinXP. Eclipse's WTP is used for
> managing tomcat server. Here is my <Context> element in server.xml:
>       <Context docBase="myapp" path="/myapp" reloadable="true"
> source="org.eclipse.jst.jee.server:myapp"/>

This doesn't affect your problem, but the <Context> element should not be
placed in server.xml; its proper location is in the webapp's
META-INF/context.xml file.  Note that neither the docBase nor the path
attributes are allowed when the <Context> element is in the standard place.
Also, there is no source attribute for <Context>.

> WTP does nothing with any resource. It just deploys a resource as soon
> as it's changed to tomcat webapp folder. Tomcat decides then to reload
> the webapp.

The default <Context> element in conf/context.xml contains a <WatchedResource>
for WEB-INF/web.xml; I suspect Eclipse is rewriting that (or possibly
redeploying the .war file for the webapp) every time you change something.

What happens if you run Tomcat by itself (don't use the IDE) and edit a .zul
file in the webapp?  If the webapp doesn't reload, you've got an Eclipse, not
Tomcat, problem.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.