it would probably be much easier to make this job a separate cron
process on one machine, or if it _must_ be in tomcat (why?) tie it to
an ip adress or server name, so the task just checks that it can only
run on tomcat1 or tomcat 10, or whatever...
Otherwise you'll need to check logs on all machines to find out which
run the task today.

Leon