Nathan Potter wrote:

> I mapped one of my servlets to be the default servlet:
>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>hyrax</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>*</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>
> And since it doesn't serve static content like the Tomcat
> DefaultServlet, I'm not seeing the expected behavior for the error-page
> mappings. Which is kind of a bummer: People pretty much rely on the fact
> that the service defaults to the "hyrax" servlet.

Are there other servlets?  If so, your app is relying on the 'longer
matche is best' principal for those servlets, and defaulting to hyrax
when nothing else matches.

In this case you could create a a servlet that responds to url-pattern
'/index.jsp' and redirects to hyrax.

In fact, you could just put an additional mapping in with that
url-pattern instead of "*" if the above applies.

If this isn't suitable can you define the behaviour that your app needs
in more detail?