Hi Jan,
Initially I was trying to make modifications inside the connector code.
This worked but since it is not documented I was concerned about undesirable
side effects.  I've also managed to simply refresh the serversocketfactory -
this also worked but again, the same concern arises.  Now I'm wondering if
there would be a connector api which would be a lot more straight forward.

You mentioned JMX - would I be able to use JMX in such a way that it would
allow me to restart the connector programatically upon a url request into my
web app?

thanks,
Mike