Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:

> Br1,
>
> br1 wrote:
>> Do you think this limit will be increased in the next versions?
>>
>> In theory, no limit is imposed by the protocol itself. I would tend to
>> think
>> JK should at least support what the JK supported platforms support.
>
> The source code /is/ available; you could try poking around for where
> that limit is set. There are a lot of files, but grep could help.
>
> For instance, I found this (in jk 1.2.26):
>
> ./common/jk_uri_worker_map.h:#define JK_MAX_URI_LEN              4095
>
> ..which could suggest that the max URL length is 4k, not 2k. Maybe
> that's not the right setting.
>
> I can see this in the IIS source files:
>
> ./iis/jk_isapi_plugin.c:    char uri[INTERNET_MAX_URL_LENGTH];
>
> INTERNET_MAX_URL_LENGTH does not seem to be defined in mod_jk's source,
> so it probably comes from IIS itself. Is it possible that IIS is the one
> ruining your day? I don't know of a good IIS API resource, so you might
> have to track this one down yourself.
>
> Just a thought.
> - -chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.
The key factor is: with the JK connector I get the error, without the JK
connector I don't get the error. :-)

As I said previously, it also shows up with non-JK redirected URLs, and it
also comes out with just long query strings.
For instance:
/testalias/testpage.asp?param=[put 3000 "a"s here]

The above works without the JK connector, but it does not work with the JK
connector.
I don't call it an IIS problem, I call it a JK connector problem.

About recompiling, I am really not that good at this, and I would prefer not
to take this responsibility.. I am quite protective with my prod servers.
:-)
Should this be a bug, I would prefer to wait someone that knows where to put
his hands on the code. And avoid the need to correct and recompile every
time a new version comes out..

Thank you for the hints,
Br1.