Since "this" is com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet, my first
guess would be that that's where the problem is.  Have you tried the gwt mailing
list/forum?

bikkel bikkel wrote:
Good morning,

I'm using GWT in a web application running on Tomcat 6. This is running fine
for months.

Today i was told to get the GWT application running in a Tomcat Cluster.
Configuring Tomcat wasn't a problem, normal HttpSession are replicated
between servers without problems when using normal HttpSessions in
jsp/servlet pages.

But Tomcat doesn't seem to duplicate GWT Sessions. My server code uses the
following method for GWT Sessions:
===
HttpSession session=this.getThreadLocalRequest().getSession();
session.setAttribute("loggedin", true);
===
And to check if someone is logged in:
===
HttpSession ses=this.getThreadLocalRequest().getSession(false);
if(ses.getAttribute("monitor_loggedin")!=null){
//loggedin
}
===

I suspect that getThreadLocalRequest().getSession() is not compatible with
the Tomcat Session Replication.

Is there a way to get this working or is there another way to around this
problem?

Thanks!