Well I do need to get my wisdom teeth removed ;)

Linux: Slackware 10.2.0
Tomcat: as downloaded from tomcat.apache.org
Windows: XP service pack 2, Netbeans 6.5, Tomcat 5.5, the project has its
Source code and JVM level set to 1.4.2, which is installed along with 1.5,
and 1.6.

I don't see how this is relevant though.  This project been developed in on
this machine since day 1.  The fact that it works on an exact clone of the
production box seems to me to point to corruption in the Tomcat distribution
(temp/ or work/ dirs maybe?).

Furthermore here is the deployment sequence (again this has been standard
procedure for months now):
kill httpd and tomcat
wait until all its thread have died
rm -r apache/htdocs/blah
rm -r tomcat/work/Catalina/www.mysite.com/blah/
build blah
restart httpd + tomcat

Btw, other aspects of the project are working correctly, just blah.jsp seems
to be the problem.

Another thing: 2 contexts are pointing to blah, again nothing new here. (and
i'm deleting the work/ dir for both)

Thanks for enduring