Hi,

I have written a simple web-app and I have deployed it in tomcat-6.0.18.
I want to ensure that a particular jsp file can't be accessed directly.
As in, in the tomcat page (http://localhost:8080/) on the left side there is
a link titled Status.
Clicking on which brings up a log-in dialog.
I want the same thing to happen if someone tries to access test.jsp
directly.

I added the following role to tomcat-users.xml :

<role rolename="manager"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="s3cret" roles="manager"/>

I also added <auth-constraint> to my web.xml but still it is possible to
access the jsp directly by this url :
http://localhost:8080/myApp/jsp/test.jsp where as I expect the jsp page to
come up only when following url is keyed in :
http://localhost:8080/myApp/first

What should I do in order to force user to go through the
user-authentication?

Thanks in advance.

The war contents are like this :

META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
WEB-INF/
WEB-INF/web.xml
WEB-INF/lib/
WEB-INF/lib/servlet-api.jar
WEB-INF/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/com/
WEB-INF/classes/com/myComp/
WEB-INF/classes/com/myComp/MyServlet.class
jsp/
jsp/myfile.jsp
jsp/some.jsp
jsp/test.jsp
jsp/welcome.jsp

And the web.xml looks like this :

  <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
        "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
        "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

<web-app>
 <display-name>J2EE Examples Application</display-name>
  <!-- Standard Action Servlet Configuration (with debugging) -->
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>com.myComp.MyServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <!-- Standard Action Servlet Mapping -->
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/first</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <security-constraint>

    <web-resource-collection>
        <url-pattern>/jsp/test.jsp</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>

    <auth-constraint>
        <role-name>manager</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>

  </security-constraint>

   <security-role>
        <description>
           The role that is required to log in to the Manager Application
        </description>
        <role-name>manager</role-name>
   </security-role>

</web-app>