> From: John Holman [mailto:j.g.hol...@qmul.ac.uk]
> Subject: Re: commons-logging problem
>
> Doing this does make me a bit nervous though, as we've had
> problems with PermGen memory exhaustion in the past.

I think your nervousness is quite justified.

> is it worth filing a bug report to pinpoint what's
> going wrong in this particular case?

Wouldn't hurt.  At worst, it will be closed with a pointer to the original bug.

> Also is it a supported configuration to use commons-logging
> and log4j in WEB-INF/lib?

That I don't know for sure, but I don't see why it wouldn't be o.k.  AFAIK,
commons-logging can be used with a variety of logging packages.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.