The main rule of thumb is that "with simplicity comes limitation", and "with flexibility comes complexity". A Tomcat install may seem complex at first glance, but it's because it can do so much with it (IMO). There are *so many* things you can do with it, and so many different ways you can install it. It can seem a bit overwhelming at first. Once you're familiar with how you want to set it up though, it's really pretty simple.

You're taking the right road here. You're becoming familiar with it and once you do that, everything becomes a lot easier to understand.

HTH.

Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels
Vivio Technologies
http://www.viviotech.net/
Open BlueDragon Steering Committee
Adobe Solution Provider

michel wrote:
Jordan,

Much thanks for the response and thinking it over after I emailed this I have some idea where I went wrong, so I'll try to fix it. But I am just frustrated that installing Tomcat involves so much guess-work as oppossed to having some clues. The people who develop Tomcat are obviously a lot more intelligent than I am so they don't need an installer but a dufus like me would love it.

Thanks!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jordan Michaels" <jor...@viviotech.net>