I've been trying to get my App working for the last two days but I'm
stuck.

I'm running tomcat 6.0.14 on XP.

When tomcat starts up it tries to load the first servlet and I get the
following error:

SCHWERWIEGEND: Error deploying configuration descriptor
ITVHealthGate.xml
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: HttpServlet
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(Webapp
ClassLoader.java:1817)
...etc

What strikes me as very strange is that in the error message:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: HttpServlet
there is no package name in HttpServlet (that's why the ClassLoader
can't find the Class, I suppose).

Has anyone got an idea what could be wrong?

(I've cleaned up the classpath, there are no duplicate servlet-api.jar
files around)

Thanks
Laci