From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 9:09 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: how to uninstall apache-tomcat 5.5.16 for windows

> From: SrD Online [mailto:srdonl...@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: how to uninstall apache-tomcat 5.5.16 for windows

> I tried "service.bat remove" and got this:
> The tomcat.exe was not found...
> The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly.

That's odd; you should be running it from a command prompt, with the currend
directory set to Tomcat's bin directory.  If you still get that error
message, it would appear the installation is already a bit corrupted.

> Can I just delete the apache-tomcat5.5.16 directory then?

Sounds like it.  I would double check using Control Panel -> Administrative
Tools -> Services to make sure there's no Apache Tomcat service installed.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.