From: Mladen Turk [mailto:mt...@apache.org]
Sent: Mon 02/02/2009 6:16 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: mod_jk 1.2.27 strange default reply_timeout

Hubert de Heer wrote:
> Hi,
>

> worker.host_1.socket_timeout=15

This is the root of the problem
cause it imposes the timeout on any socket operation
between mod_jk and tomcat.

> What we notice is that Apache will respond with an error 502 Bad Gateway
> when a response takes more than 30sec.

socket_timeout x 2 (one op and one retry)

> This seems quite strange as without a reply_timeout set I would expect
> the reply_timeout to default to 0 (timeout disabled).

This is to have infinite socket_timeout and
still have reply timeout.

Note that socket_timeout is fixed with 1.2.27, so
it actually works now ;)

With 1.2.27 you have a new
socket_connect_timeout property that you can set
to a lower value (see the changelog and docs)

Regards
--
^(TM)