Randhir,

I presume that both Apache HTTPD and Tomcat are located on the same machine?

Note that the default port for HTTP-protocol is port 80.
As I've written in one of my previous posts, only one application can
be bound to a port, meaning when Apache HTTPD and Tomcat are both
located on the same machine, they will listen on different ports.

Since it's a common practice that Apache listens on port 80, it's also
a common practice that Tomcat listens on port 8080 or, as in your
case, on port 10080.

If you want Apache HTTPD to forward a request to Tomcat transparently
for the user, one common solution is to use the AJP-connector as has
been discussed here on the list quite frequently.

I suggest you point your browser to
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/quick.html which
explains the how-to in detail.

Rgds

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2