Christopher Schultz wrote:

André,

André Warnier wrote:
Steve Cohen wrote:
[...]
Which means I'm looking for command-line equivalents for what JConsole does, particularly the threads tab. Any ideas along that path?

Not really a help here, but as I have discovered JConsole wont't even
work through a simple SSH tunnel, because it wants to dynamically open a
second parallel connection, which of course your tunnel knows nothing
about.

What about forwarding X through the tunnel instead?

You can't, because it is variable. It is the result of some internal "negotiation" between Jconsole and the remote JVM.
Apparently, anyway. I haven't managed to make it work so far.