Dave,

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Dave Pawson <dave.paw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/4 Caldarale, Charles R <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com>:
>>> From: Dave Pawson [mailto:dave.paw...@gmail.com]
>>> Subject: Re: servlet use. TC6, FC10

>>> 2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10.i686
>>
>> Is it just me, or does that look like a really, really weird result for
>> uname -n?  Did someone mistake an "n" for an "r"?
>

> Its the kernel version, as generated by FC10?
> How does that help please Gregor?

First: Please post to the mailing-list so that others are able to participate

Second: "uname -n" in Linux gives the hostname which is set and known
to the Java-subsystem.

"uname -r" gives, as you stated correctly, the kernel-version which is
of no use in this context.

As Chuck pointed out, I guess you mixed up the "n" with a "r"

HTH

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2