Rhandir,

after you've downloaded the source of mod_jk and extracting them,
you'll find a file there "BUILD.txt".

========= [ extract ] =======
For the impatient Apache admins:
$> cd native
$> ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs (or where ever the apxs/apxs2 is)
$> make
$> su -c 'make install'
=========================

I ran those steps here on Debian with one little adaption:

$> ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs2

If you're running APache 1.x, you'll need apxs, when running Apache2,
you'll need apxs2

If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask auntie Google about "Apache apxs".

Furthermore, make sure you've got the necessary packages installed
(libtool etc.) as stated in the docs of mod_jk.

I'm appreciating that you're trying to figure things out, however, I
seriously believe you should get some hands on the basics of Apache,
Tomcat and maybe (?) your favourite Linux.

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2