> From: Dave Pawson [mailto:dave.paw...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: TC6 ${CATALINA_HOME}/conf/web.xml Is this the
> place to constrain the mime type?
>
> Unless the client requests application/xml I want to refuse the
> request.

I don't think you quite appreciate the situation yet.  An HTTP client does not
*request* any particular mime type; the client *may* specify the mime types it
would like to accept in response, but the server is pretty much allowed to
return whatever it wants (or a 406, at the server's discretion).  If the client
doesn't like a response type of application/xml, too bad for the client.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.