Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
Only if that shows up repeatedly.

It does.

I'm thinking that the JVM shouldn't be getting SIGSEGV's.

You're right about that.  However, it could also be an OS or
> hardware problem.  You might want to run some serious memory
> tests on the box, just to eliminate the latter.  Does this
> particular system use ECC memory, or just plain old
> parity-checking DIMMs?

Not sure.  However, it has happened on three different boxes,
always with the same CompileTask mentioned.

You can also try either moving up to the recently released
> JDK 6u12, or dropping back to 6u7.  Lots of changes went in
> at 6u10, and something might still be broken in there.  The
> C2 compiler is an extremely complex beast.

I'll try that.  BTW, it also happened with 6u10.  I'm wondering
if -Xint might help.