> From: Dave Pawson [mailto:dave.paw...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Simple Tomcat 6, servlet tutorial. First draft for comment
>
> http://www.dpawson.co.uk/tomcat

Looks pretty good.  Some nits to pick:

Under "Compile the restlet example code", you include catalina.jar and
tomcat-juli.jar; neither of these should be necessary to compile a servlet.  If
they are necessary, there's something wrong with the servlet, since it's making
use of Tomcat internals.

The directory structure created in "Tell Tomcat about our servlet" appears in
the section above; looks like something's out of order or at least misplaced
here.

I would not include the comment about valves within the <Context> element; it
will only provoke questions and confusion from the uninitiated.

Under "Add the jars", you use the phrase "unpack the following jars"; that
could be construed as taking those jars apart to get the individual class
files.  Perhaps something like "extract the following jars from the zip file:"
would be clearer.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.