Telnet localhost 8080

Netstat -arn | grep 8080

-----Original Message-----
From: michel <compu...@videotron.ca>

Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 11:27:36
To: Tomcat Users List<users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Still trying to get Tomcat 6 to work

Much thanks, and now I learned one place to look for finding errors!

Seems that the default port 8080 is somehow used (Protocol handler start
failed: java.net.BindException: Address already in use<null>:8080), so I
just change it in server.xml (from what I have been reading). But I am
wondering about why port 8080 is used because I don't have any other server
going that I know about, so I would expect that it might be a better idea to
figure out what is going on with port 8080.

Michel