An updated installer can be found on the official OpenBD Installer download site:

http://openbd.viviotech.net/

In the "installer" directory.

All future releases will be located there or directly from the http://www.openbluedragon.org/ web site.

A Windows Installer (which also will use Tomcat) is on it's way. Right now these installers have just been tested on CentOS 4 and 5, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

Please submit bug reports to me or the openbd mailing list.

Thanks!

Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels
Vivio Technologies
http://www.viviotech.net/
Open BlueDragon Steering Committee
Adobe Solution Provider

Jordan Michaels wrote:
For anyone who's interested in this, I've got a "alpha" version of the
CentOS5/RHEL5 installer here:

http://clubwheat.viviotech.net/openbd_rhel5.sh

This installer sets up isolated instances of Sun's JRE, OpenBD, and
Tomcat, specifically for the purpose of processing CFML templates.

It is meant to be run from the command-line as the root user. So...

# sh openbd_rhel5.sh

This set up configures tomcat to make OpenBD the default processor for
all CFM files regardless of their host name or what directory they
originate from.

There is one caveat, you will need to update the "[OpenBD Install
Dir]/tomcat/server.xml" file with a new "<Host>" entry for each web site
that you have listed as an Apache VirtualHost. I am in the process of
writing up some documentation that will explain this in great detail,
but for now, a simple host entry with just the site URL (IE:
www.mysite.com) and the directory that files are coming from is all the
tomcat <Host> entry will need.

I will be writing documentation, and updating the installer to be more
multi-system compatible as time allows. Please let me know your
experiences, and (if you dare) offer patches! =D

Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels
Vivio Technologies
http://www.viviotech.net/
Open BlueDragon Steering Committee
Adobe Solution Provider

Shawn_Usry wrote:
Hi Jordan -
Was just following this thread and I'm wondering if there's an update on the
Open BD - httpd connector you elude to below?  I'm getting ready to deploy
several OS images for development servers and wonder if I need to stick with
CF or if I can make the plunge to OBD!

Thanks-

Jordan Michaels wrote:
Hi Ross,

Alan Williamson, the chair of the OpenBlueDragon Steering Committee has
stated that he will blog about how to set up OpenBD in a way that most
CFML developers are familiar with very soon. (I've been pestering him
about it as well - since I haven't been able to get OpenBD/Tomcat to
work how I want it to either.)

When he does, I will be releasing a Linux installer that should automate
*most* of the installation process. OpenBD users still may have to get
their hands dirty and modify some config files when setting up their
sites, but the basic install should be covered. I'll automate as much as
I can.

The installer will support CentOS to start with and branch out to other
distros as I have time to adapt the installer to them.

FYI

From: rnah...@nvek.com [mailto:rnah...@nvek.com]
Subject: RE: Getting OpenBlueDragon and Tomcat to traverse directories
I thought the use of handlers (JKMount and JKUnMount) would
direct the requests properly.
I believe that if you're very, very careful, you can get away with it,
but
your risk factor goes way up.

What if I plan on having only one webapp, OpenBlueDragon?
The directory (or war file) that contains the webapp should be named
ROOT
(case sensitive), and be placed immediately under whatever directory the
<Host> appBase attribute points to.  In your case, that would be:
  /var/www/html/mysite/ROOT
or
  /var/www/html/mysite/ROOT.war

I tried this and it seems to work, kinda.  It forces everything that's
handled by Tomcat to be rooted at /var/www/html/mysite/ROOT, while
everything else that's not (HTML, JPEG, etc.) is rooted under
/var/www/html/mysite.  I wish they could both point to the same
directory,
though.

Ross

 - Chuck