From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:47 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Hello

> From: Okey Kene [mailto:keneo...@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Hello
>
> Am using windows vista and i wish to know what version of
> apache tomcat to download.

Resisting the temptation to answer "42", you should be aware that Tomcat is
pure Java, so any of the downloadable packages are acceptable for use on
Windows (even the .tar.gz one).  However, due to its flexibility, I would
recommend the .zip package over the .exe, since the .exe leaves out a few
niceties.

Which version of Tomcat you want depends on the requirements of the webapps you
wish to use under Tomcat; nearly all webapps will run properly under the latest
version (currently 6.0.18), so that would be the usual choice.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.