request.getRemoteAddr();

You can only get your actual IP after opening a connection. Of course it can change depending on where the connection is coming from.

Alternatively you can open a connection to a known public server, and figure out your IP using the resulting socket. If you are going through a NAT this might not be your actual IP but the IP on your side of the NAT.

Yuval Perov