Mark Thomas wrote:
SpY0o2 wrote:
hello, I've been trying to deploy an application to Tomcat 6.0.18. I would
like to make it my default ROOT app (without renaming the app to ROOT), so
that I can access my app by entering
http://localhost:8080/ instead of http://localhost:8080/myApps

Renaming the WAR to ROOT.war is the simplest but if you really don't
want to do that then you have the following options:

1. Place your WAR outside of CATALINA_BASE/webapps. It must be outside
to prevent double deployment. Place context file named ROOT.xml in
CATALINA_BASE/conf/<engine name>/<host name> that has a docBase element
that points to your WAR.

2. Leave your WAR in CATALINA_BASE/webapps. Turn off autoDeploy *and*
deployOnStartup in your Host element in server.xml. Explicitly define
*all* Contexts in server.xml, specifying both path and docBase. You must
define your Contexts in server.xml as this option disables all the
auto-deploy mechanisms.

Should I add #1 and #2 to the FAQ-HowTo #38, or is it better to leave it as it is now (only mentioning the simple option 0) ?

It seems to me that option #2 above is looking for trouble, no ?
(at least on this forum)