On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>wrote:

> All problems described starting with comment #9 have been fixed by RĂ¼diger
> latest in revision 396050. Version 2.2.2 is revision 396066 so should
> include those fixes.
>
>  This is starting to look more like an Apache issue, maybe I should move to
>> that list...
>>

> I think that's appropriate, but don't be astonished in case someone
> suggests updating ;)

Rainer, just an update: I changed my httpd.conf ProxyPass directives like
so:

ProxyPass /foo ajp://localhost:8009/foo/ ttl=600

and my Tomcat connector like this:

   <Connector port="8009"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3"
               maxSpareThreads="50" maxThreads="200" minSpareThreads="4"
               connectionTimeout="600000"
                />

So basically, specifying what are the documented defaults plus adding the
connectionTimeout.

Now the connections build up, drop down a little, build back up, etc. It
goes over 300 (150) from time to time but never goes high enough (350) to
trigger a graceful restart. So the system is stable though not behaving the
way I think it should. Not sure which part made the difference. I haven't
gotten to trying worker MPM yet. I tried dropping ttl to 300 with no
apparent difference in behavior.

Thanks for your help.

--
Daryl Stultz