I'll try the latest Tomcat 6.0.

Thanks,
Santosh.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de> wrote:

> Not answering your question, but which exact Tomcat version are you using?
> There have been a couple of code changes around those connector classes.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer
>

> On 06.03.2009 12:56, Santosh Gangadhar wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> The application we are developing has a sender which pushes indefinite
>> binary data to the web application  hosted in Tomcat. The web application
>> is
>> supposed to consumes an un-predefined limit of data per connection and
>> stop.
>>
>> The sender is implemented using Http client and uses InputStreamEntitiy
>> with
>> chunked encoding. It pushes the data to a PushServlet on the server. The
>> after PushServlet is done consuming data, it returns from the doPost().
>> But
>> the client keeps running because Tomcat as such does not close the stream.
>> Analyzing the thread dump reveals that it is stuck in cleanup where it
>> tries
>> to read out the input stream. Following stacktrace talks more where
>> exactly
>> it gets stuck.
>>
>> java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
>> java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
>>
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.fill(InternalInputBuffer.java:747)
>>
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer$InputStreamInputBuffer.doRead(InternalInputBuffer.java:777)
>>
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedInputFilter.readBytes(ChunkedInputFilter.java:225)
>>
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedInputFilter.parseCRLF(ChunkedInputFilter.java:293)
>>
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedInputFilter.doRead(ChunkedInputFilter.java:125)
>>
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedInputFilter.end(ChunkedInputFilter.java:179)
>>
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.endRequest(InternalInputBuffer.java:368)
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:881)
>>
>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
>>
>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
>>
>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
>> java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>
>> Is this a bug? If not what is the right way to solve it? Is this related
>> the Expect: 100 continue mechanism?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Santosh.

Santosh Gangadhar
Technical Lead, Wirkle
http://www.wirkle.com
+91 989.902.2981 (Mobile)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wirkle is a leading product engineering firm focused on developing software
products for the mobile including telecom grade client/server platforms, SMS
applications and Mobile Internet (WAP). The Company has designed, developed,
maintained, supported, tested and ported several mobile platforms for
hundreds of handsets of Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, LG, Motorola,
Blackberry, Pocket PC and iPhone.

Wirkle's expertise in the mobile space spans Social Networking, Instant
Messaging, Location Based Services, Multimedia Streaming, Banking,
Enterprise applications, Payments,  Barcode Scanning and beyond. Millions of
mobile users across the globe today are using products developed by Wirkle
through various carriers across multiple geographies including North America
– AT&T, Sprint/Nextel, Boost Mobile; Europe – Telenor; Asia – Airtel, Idea
and more. For more information please visit: www.wirkle.com