From: Pid <p...@pidster.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2009 10:13:58 AM
Subject: Re: java.lang.NullPointerException loading resource from classpath

Timothy Washington wrote:

>     * setting the classpath in i) conf/catalina.properties ii) manually in
> bin/catalina.sh

Setting the classpath is a bad idea, don't do it.

Tomcat sets its own classpath & the classpath for individual web
applications, any tinkering you do is likely to produce unpredictable
conditions.

Place the resource in WEB-INF/classes and make sure your class has a
package definition.  Let us know if that works.

Instant Messaging, free SMS, sharing photos and more... Try the new Yahoo!
Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/