From: Gregor Schneider [mailto:rc4...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 9:18 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Run multiple web applications in Tomcat each as an
independent windows service question

sound slike a very crude design to me, however...

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Joe Wallace <j...@andar360.com> wrote:
> I essentially will be running the same web app installed multiple times.
> Each web app will connect to its own unique
> database.  Since I don't want them sharing static variables in the jvm I need
> to keep them completely separate.  This
> is a well developed application being ported from Jrun where this was
> possible.

do I understand it correctly that the urls of your apps then are

http://host1/crudeapp
http://host2/crudeapp
http://host3/crudeapp

or ist it

http://host1/crudeapp:8080
http://host1/crudeapp:8081
http://host1/crudeapp:8082

???

Still, I do not see any way how you could have loaded <our app
multiple times in different instances of Tomcat without having
different urls.

Having this in mind, I'd just deploy our app with different names on
the same host. The only thing you have to do is to copy the app-war in
${appbase}

Chuck pointed out your mis-assumption regarding static variables already.

Rgds

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2